How to do Hard Reset Epson Printer? If your Epson printer displays the warning message “Printer Maintenance Required”, you may reset the printer to remove the message even though it is operating OK.
Hard Reset Epson printer to factory settings.
Method 1: Using the Printer’s Control Panel
To use this technique, you must follow the procedures outlined below:
- By clicking the Home button on the printer’s Control Panel, you may access the Home menu.
- To access the Setup menu, use the left and right navigation buttons. After that, click the OK button.
- Locate and click the Restore Default Settings option using the left and right navigation buttons.
- Similarly, using the up and down navigation buttons, locate and click the Restore Network Settings option.
- Reboot the printer.
- You have now successfully restored the printer’s factory default settings.
Method2: Using the Reset Button
All Epson printer models have a factory reset button on the rear of the printer body that may be used to restore the printer to factory settings. The following are the steps to factory reset the printer using this method:
- Using the Power button, turn off the printer.
- Press and hold the Reset button on the printer’s rear with a pin.
- Turn on the printer but maintain pressure on the Reset button for at least 5 seconds.
- After printing a warning page, release the Reset button. After a few seconds, another page will be produced with the printer’s default IP address.
- Reconfigure the printer to the computer system using this IP address.
- This technique takes less than a minute and is often used to factory reset the printer.
Method 3: Adjusting the Epson Using the Epson Adjustment Program
This technique is advantageous when the printer’s buttons are inoperable. While this technique takes a bit longer to complete, it is straightforward to follow. The methods to Reset Epson Printer to Factory Settings using this technique are as follows:
- On your computer, download and install the most recent version of the Epson Adjustment Program.
- On your computer, launch the Epson Adjustment Program.
- To make the required choices, click the Select option.
- Please select the model number of your printer and the port via which it is linked to the computer system from the Select menu.
- Select the OK button.
- The window for Adjustment and Maintenance will be opened. Under the Maintenance section, choose the Waste Ink Pad Counter option.
- Select the OK button.
- Now, choose the Main Ink Pad Counter option and click the bottom right corner’s startup button.
- To complete the reset procedure, click the Finish button.
- Restart the printer to apply the adjustments.
IF you follow the above steps carefully, then completed the Hard Reset Epson Printer procedure in just a few minutes.